Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My first blog post

My name is Eline. I am 17 years old and am currently in my second year of high school. As you can guess from the name, this blog is made in relation to a subject I'm taking called international English. I will use this blog to post all my exciting assignments and I'll start with writing down my expectations for this year.

First I am going to say a little bit about me. Like I said I am 17 years old. My hobbies are watching movies and Japanese comics, hanging out with friends and reading. I read a lot of fantasy, science fiction and historical novels, but I also read old classics like Shakespeare, Dickens and Jane Austen. If you say the word sport I will run in the other direction and if you start singing I will join you. I spend a lot of time on my computer so the assignment to make a blog is kind of perfect for me.

Now it is time for the serious stuff. My expectations for this year are to learn a lot about English in different parts of the world. I feel like the English we have had up until now has almost only been about Britain and a little bit about the USA. I am looking forward to maybe use the internet to chat with people from different countries and learn from them. The reason I chose international English is because I enjoy learning about the English language and I am planning to take the subject English literature and culture next year.

4 comments:

  1. I also like watching movies, reading and hanging out with friends. I'm planning on taking English litterature and culture next year ass well, so maybe we'll see each other there!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! I also like watching movies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, I hope you get to take English next year too. Nice opening entry on your blog. Impressed with your reading list! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for being in my English class this year. I think your blog posts have been interesting to read, and you write in a very catchy way. I also like the layout on your blog. Have a nice summer holiday! : )

    ReplyDelete